Returning Band A members (those with over £1.5million EEE sales) have the option to offset 25% or 50% of fees by undertaking 1 or 2 module actions (respectively).
If module actions are selected, they must commence no later than 1st July 2017 and must be in continuous operation from 1st October 2017
until the end of phase 4 (December 2019).
Please note that if the module does not meet these requirements payment for the full amount of DTS fees is due or the membership will be terminated.
You will also be asked for information as to how you intend to implement these modules. At key points throughout Phase 4 you will also be asked for evidence of the implementation of these modules.
Please see the list below of acceptable modules:
- Communication campaigns
- Strategic collection of very small WEEE
- Other WEEE collections
- Enhanced Collection on delivery services (for example collection of small WEEE free of charge when collecting large appliances)
- Promotional material
- Till prompts – A message on the cashiers computer screen prompts them to make customers aware that the store is covered by the DTS so they can return old WEEE at their local DCF
- Till receipts – Receipts can contain wording informing customers that the company are DTS members and that their customers can take old WEEE to their local DCF
- Promotional trade in activities
- Promoting reuse