Returning Band A members (those with over £1.5million electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) sales)
have the option to offset 25% or 50% of fees by undertaking 1 or 2 module actions (respectively).
If module actions are selected, they must commence no later than 1st July 2017
and must be in continuous operation from 1st October 2017 until the end of Phase 4 (December 2019).
Please note that if the module does not meet these requirements
payment for the full amount of DTS fees is due or the membership will be terminated.
Companies looking to undertake modules after the 1st July 2017 should
contact Valpak to discuss by telephone or email email@example.com
You will also be asked for information as to how you intend to implement these modules.
At key points throughout Phase 4 you will also be asked for evidence of the implementation of these modules.
Please see the list below of acceptable modules:
- Communication campaigns
- Strategic collection of very small waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- Other WEEE collections
- Enhanced Collection on delivery services (for example collection of small
WEEE free of charge when collecting large appliances)
- Promotional material
- Till prompts – A message on the cashiers computer screen prompts them to
make customers aware that the store is covered by the DTS so they can return
old WEEE at their local Designated Collection Facility (DCF)
- Till receipts – Receipts can contain wording informing customers that
the company are DTS members and that their customers can take old WEEE to their local DCF
- Promotional trade in activities
- Promoting reuse